Tiffany & Co.
In 1837 as Tiffany & Young, named after founders Charles Tiffany and John Young, the store was located in New York City and dealt in stationary and fine goods. Charles Tiffany took over the company in 1853 and renamed it Tiffany & Co. Their silver designs began to capture the world's attention. Tiffany became the first American company to use the 925/1000 sterling standard for all their jewelry and giftware products. In 1871 Tiffany introduced its sterling silver flatware pattern, "Audubon." Its design was inspired by 19th-century Japanese nature paintings. It is the Company's best-selling flatware to this day.
Now Tiffany & Co. is the worlds top seller for every type of quality giftware. Complete with the finest crystal and flatware, as well as more universal items. Its specialty is fine jewelry, but the company also puts its name on timepieces, silverware, china, stationery, and other luxury items. Many products are packaged in the company's trademarked Tiffany Blue Box. Also, Tiffany has broadened its merchandise to include key chains and other items that sell for much less than the typical Tiffany price tag. The Company sells its goods exclusively through about 185 Tiffany & Co. stores and boutiques worldwide, its web-site, and catalogs.